The National Service Scheme (NSS) was officially started on 24th September 1969, to establish a meaningful linkage between campus and the Community. Student youth, teachers and the community are considered as the three components of the National Service Scheme.
The vision is to build the youth with the mind and spirit to serve the society and work for the social uplift of the down-trodden masses of our nation as a movement.
The National Service Scheme has been functioning with the motto “NOT ME BUT YOU” in view of making the youth inspired in service of the people and hence NSS aims education through community service and community service through education.
The overall objective of NSS is Personality Development of the students through community service.
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- To develop a sense of social responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing the responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and disasters.
To co-ordinate NSS activities in our college the following Programme Officers who have high level of motivation, inclination and attitude for community work were appointed.
- Mr. N.Ranganathan, Assistant Professor of History
- Dr. A.Ganesan, Assistant Professor of Statistics
- Dr. T.Ramesh, Assistant Professor of Co-Operation
- Dr. P.Senthil Vadivu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics